Controlling video card fan speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
Is there a program that will let me control the fan speed on my video card? I know about Rivatuner but I can not get that working on Windows 7. I had a little trouble getting it to work on Vista as well. It keeps saying the driver is not digitally signed.

Are there any other programs or is there a way to get Rivatuner working?

I just installed EVGA precision and it done the job for me. All I needed was something to control the fan speed. I am not going to overclock it.

im using the evga precision tool which for me works brilliant if you just wanna control your fan speeds! it also has a built in lcd app and osd so you can monitor the temps of the card and fps, among other things, im not sure but when i downloaded the tool from the evga site i had to create an account?? not sure if its the same now though???

MSI afterburner. can store easy little OC and fan profiles as well....and also assign shortcut keys for them.
MSI Afterburner

I have it programmed so if I hit my G1 key on my keyboard it will switch to .93V 240MHz idle, and if I hit G2 it will switch to 1.275V 905MHz 38% fan :)

I have an Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS 256mb (I think)

Why Core Voltage and Fan Speed can't be modified?

And is that modification I made good?
I made some other modifications like going it to full with
EVGA Precision and 1st time colors crashed and changed or wtf
and 2nd time I got reset and then BSOD :p

Is there good now?
Pros and cons of this modification?
359jp20.jpg

rr6r20.jpg

^ You are pretty at max clocks for the stock cooler. I dont think you will be able to go any higher than about 580MHz on the core. Voltage control is disabled because it is not supported on that card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom