Building a gaming computer on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Couch

Beta member
Hello everyone, this is my first post, I'm trying to build a computer on a budget. Six hundred dollars to be exact. I can go slightly over or under, but no more than 50 dollars. I'm mainly trying to get a new computer because my fairly aged computer doesn't support pixel shaders 3.0 and I am unable to play several games.

I'm planning to go with AMD for a processor, but I'm torn between a dual or 3 core CPU. I have no preference between ATI and Nvidia for a G-card.I want it to be fairly future proof for at least a couple of new games that are coming out as well.

If anyone here can whip up a configuration for me that would be great. I searched around on Newegg, but I couldn't create anything that wouldn't rob me blind. Thanks in advance.

do you need just the tower? or you also need a monitor, keyboard + mouse? need an OS too or no?

what are you gonna do with your old pc? you could re-use the hard drive and optical drive to cut some costs right there and put it towards something else.

do you need just the tower? or you also need a monitor, keyboard + mouse? need an OS too or no?

what are you gonna do with your old pc? you could re-use the hard drive and optical drive to cut some costs right there and put it towards something else.

My "Old PC" is a laptop, so that's virtually out of the picture.

Thanks for the build Fat Clown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom