My new stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
So for Christmas I got a C2Q Q9400, and a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Thankfully, my new HD5870 works in this setup...not sure why it didn't work with my old rig.

I also got a bunch of Scythe Ultra-kaze fans. Upon opening them I realized they weren't going to fit in the front of my Antec 1200. Not to fear, though, for I came up with a solution.

For those who aren't familiar, the Antec 1200 has 3 removable hard drive cages. On the front of the cages is a plastic fan mount. It has a built in removable fan filter as well as metal mesh grill over it. Well, only standard size fans will fit in the fan mount...Scythe Ultra-kaze's are much wider than standard fans so they don't fit.

After some pondering of how I could make them fit, I noticed that there were little holes on the front of the cage that were the perfect fit for a 120mm fan. Unfortunately I couldn't get any screws through the hole, however I could get zipties through...just as good. :)

(click for bigger image)

I forgot to take pictures of the cage once I got the fan installed, oops.

But here they are installed:

And with the mesh grills:

And overall:

Unfortunately my Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer didn't fit on this motherboard. The big heatsinks on the NB is in the way. :(

I didn't get carried away with the wire management...decided I'd rather go play some games for a while. :D

EDIT: Oh and nothing official yet, but looks like 18s on SuperPI and 15k on 3dmark06.

Very nice. I had heard before that the Sunbeam won't fit the ud3p...I guess this confirms it.
It seems like 15k is a little low for 3dmark06...I would expect at least 20k. Maybe after you overclock a little. :big_smile: Benching isn't everything though. It's all about the real life experience. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom