ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi all my board says it supports upto 3 gig memory but everywere i look i cant seem to find any sticks of 1 gig ram can any one pls point me in the right direction pls

zipzoomfly.com and newegg.com both have 1gb sticks, hell I'm pretty sure they have 2gb sticks.

yes but eventualy i would like to get 3 gig in ere and if i get 512s ill just end up having to sell the 512s and lose money anyway

mre30 said:
Yeah that is true but do you really need 3 gigs of ram

That brings to mind an interesting question. How long (in years) do you guys think it will be before 3 GB of RAM will be necessary? Right now, I have 512 MB, and never experience slowdown or anything. I would be willing to wager that the motherboard would crap out before you would need to upgrade it to 3 GB of RAM.

i may not need 3 gig yet, but im not counting on getting rid of this comp either , when i do decide to bye a new one in two or 3 years i want to give this to my son so if i put 1 gig ram in now then all i have to do is get 2 more were if i get two 512s ill have to mess about selling my 512s first which in my mind is a waste of money

By the time you'll need 3 GB of RAM, you'll need to buy a completely new computer probaly (or at least motherboard). The maximum you'll need for now is 1GB, I would just settle for 2 sticks of 512 MB. If you really want to splurge, get two stick of 1GB, but it's not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom