Media Storage Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

icker

Solid State Member
Hey everyone! So I'm new here and have kind of a noob question. I was wondering if there's some sort of device that holds media (like an external hard drive) that can be connected directly (without the need of a computer) to a HDTV. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and merry Christmas!
-Chris

I'm going to be purchasing a Vizio within the next couple of days. Does that help?

We need a model number. Vizio is crap, btw. When I was working at Wal-Mart, I saw a lot of those being brought back.

I believe you want something like one of these items
Newegg.com - wd tv

some information on it WD TV Overview

Newegg.com - Western Digital USB 2.0 WD TV HD Media Player WDBABF0000NBK-NESN - External Hard Drives
The device lets you plug in a usb external drive, then connect the device to your TV and you can play the files on the HDD.

Newegg.com - Western Digital USB 2.0 WD TV Live Network-Ready HD Media Player WDBAAN0000NBK-NESN - External Hard Drives
This will let you play files from computers in your house if you dont have an external hdd to directly plug in.

We need a model number. Vizio is crap, btw. When I was working at Wal-Mart, I saw a lot of those being brought back.
Oh really? Well I got a sylvania 32" LCD that's 720p, and I have heard that vizios are good so I was going to take back the sylvania and use the money on one. Do you have any suggestions on a good tv over 30" for under $600?
I believe you want something like one of these items
Newegg.com - wd tv

some information on it WD TV Overview

Newegg.com - Western Digital USB 2.0 WD TV HD Media Player WDBABF0000NBK-NESN - External Hard Drives
The device lets you plug in a usb external drive, then connect the device to your TV and you can play the files on the HDD.

Newegg.com - Western Digital USB 2.0 WD TV Live Network-Ready HD Media Player WDBAAN0000NBK-NESN - External Hard Drives
This will let you play files from computers in your house if you dont have an external hdd to directly plug in.

Thanks man! I'll check out those links as soon as I get home.

Vizio always says that they are the best, but they really aren't. Samsung, Sony, Sceptre are better, IMO.

Also I've seen a lot of LG's and they look excellent.

I know I'm starting to get off topic but could someone please give me some advice on buying a new tv? I have about $500-600 to work with and want a good quality 32-37" (or bigger if possible) LCD. And I don't mind using sites such as eBay either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom