Man, I dont get this...(Video Card on Newegg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nechen

Baseband Member
Well earlier today I was looking at the ATI X800 XT card. Decent stats but I think I'll still get a 6800xt when the money is there. But heres what I dont get.

this link http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?Submit=Go&DEPA=0 shows a list of current ATI X800 XT cards. Now they range from 520 dollars to 699 dollars. They all have the same stats but they are from different manufacturers. How in gods name am I supposed to tell if I should get the cheapest or the most expensive?

Common sense tells me the cheapest was made, well cheaply while the 699 dollar card probably has some quality to it. If anyone feels like helping a n00b teenager out I'd appreciate it

The chipsets may be the same, but the cards are not.

Different heatsinks, bundled software, drivers, card-arrangement, etc, etc.

One manufacturer may tack on a ton of $ in custom heatsinks, logo graphics, drivers, fancy colors, and other bs. Other manufacturers may be real cheap for a card, but you find out their heatsink they put on is worthless and their drivers suck.

NVIDIA/ATI only make the GPU chips.

Yeah I know they only make the chipset, but how can you tell if the heatsink is crap and whatnot? Just asking other people what their experience with that Manufacturer is??

Also, in your guys' opinion...which is better, an ATI X800 XT or an Nvidia 6800GT???

I like Nvidia for some reason they just seem to me to last longer but that is my 2 cent

hmmm, yeah I'm more of an Nvidia person. Never used an ATI before though...I've heard they're either REALLY good or just REALLY bad.

*throws a coin in the air to determine his new card purchase*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom