Status
Not open for further replies.

smitysmit

Baseband Member
it has

2.5ghz quad core cpu
4 gig ddr3 ram
1gig intel intergrated gwould i be able to play games like borderlands on this

also will i need any upgrades to play crysis on good settings (i know about graphics card)

what graphics card do people recomend im looking for a 512 mb one which can play quite alot of games?

Depends on what motherboard, power supply, what resolution your monitor supports and how much you can spend.

Maybe just link us to the computer you have..
:p

erm its LINK i dont know what resolution my monitor suppports tho i also dont really want to change the power supply

wow.. i guess i musta taken a long time on that post cuz those other 2 posts weren't there! lol...

From the link i can see that your motherboard will support a pci-express card. You have 64bit windows so thats good. It says free upgrade to windows 7; if you do that, make sure its 64bit!

Your powersupply is 250watt though, so you'll definitely need to upgrade that...

whats your budget?

wow.. i guess i musta taken a long time on that post cuz those other 2 posts weren't there! lol...

From the link i can see that your motherboard will support a pci-express card. You have 64bit windows so thats good. It says free upgrade to windows 7; if you do that, make sure its 64bit!

Your powersupply is 250watt though, so you'll definitely need to upgrade that...

whats your budget?
around £100 depending how much i get paid.

also to take the psu out do i need to take the motherboard out aswell ?

would i need to upgrade the psu or can i just get a less powerful graphics card that dosnt need as much cooling?

It depends on the design of your computer, but most of the time the power supply can be removed without removing anything else. On my computer, my heatsink is really big so i need to take it out for me to be able to remove the powre supply, but i'm sure in your case that isn't the case.

As for uk sites, i don't know too much about them, the prices seem skewed (you're getting screwed :p)

Here's something reasonable:
HIS HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Graphics Card - Ebuyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom