*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

I tried 4.4GHZ at 1.6V, but it crashed.

Temps are not anywhere near dangerous, though I still haven't tried putting it in the air conditioned room.

It could be for a lot of reasons. Your recent bios flash might of changed how your mobo handles the memory timings to improve compatibility at the expense of a little performance. A program could be running in the background, Windows Update or your Virus Scanner for example. SuperPi only uses 1 core, SuperPi might have been using a different core last time. ETC.....

It could be for a lot of reasons. Your recent bios flash might of changed how your mobo handles the memory timings to improve compatibility at the expense of a little performance. A program could be running in the background, Windows Update or your Virus Scanner for example. SuperPi only uses 1 core, SuperPi might have been using a different core last time. ETC.....

Or he isn't stable.

^ It's just a mult increase and a VCore increase to 1.4v.. I'm about to play some MW2, so I'll see how it is.. Last time I had a burn test stable clock, but it clipped like crazy while gaming.. Dropped the clock down to 3.6 and it ran fine..

superpi17815.png

I can't get anything above 4GHz stable. Even with this clock it wasn't stable with LinX, crashed the system after like 54 seconds (think I might be stuck for the LinX thread now :().

You don't really have to be too stable for SuperPI...no luck any higher? What kind of temps are you running?

I'll have to try and see what I can get for superpi, sometimes with like 4.1 upon applying the settings in Overdrive it crashes the system. Temps for running superpi is normally around 30*C-ish on the cores.

Edit: Did a little better, actually had superpi running at 4.3 but it crashed at around the 6th loop.
capture2gz.png

You don't really have to be too stable for SuperPI...no luck any higher? What kind of temps are you running?

This is true, super pi stable isn't anywhere near stable. I would also advise not running 24/7 on super pi overclocks as that is a good way to corrupt data on your drive.

Back
Top Bottom