HELP! Thanks In Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panakashiro

Beta member
I just recently built a core i7 machine and im having no better frame rates in world of warcraft than I was with my dell xps 600.

Old Computer:
Dell XPS 600
Dual Core 3.0 Intel
2x Nvidia 6800 256k
2GB DDR2 Ram
Windows XP 32

New Computer:

X58 SLI LE
Intel Core i7 920 2.66
GTS 250 1GB 256 bit
6 GB ddr3 Ram
Antec 750W PSU
Windows 7 64

"My problem is Im getting the same frame per second as I was in the old system. I put the new computer together, started it up, and it updated all the drivers itself. When I put the disk in for the Motherboard it tells me it cannot run the "update chipset drivers" thing becasue it only works on Windows XP and Windows Vistal and wont allow me to go any further. I know for a fact the computer is better and the video card is better but im not getting any better results. Please help !
Add a reply Revove from the list of quoted messages Add to the list of quoted messages Quick edit Edit this message

Welcome to TF mate,

First things first, you said it updated drivers itself?? Thats not the way you should be doing it. The best way is to:

1. Actually download the latest drivers from each manufactures website [motherboard drivers included].
2. Then remove the drivers via 'Programs and Features'.
3. Now next thing is to clean it of any remaining driver files by using 'Driver Sweeper' which you can download from the net. [not imperative but i would advise it]
4. Install the downloaded drivers [only after the old drivers for that hardware have been removed].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom