Power On, No Monitor Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimp

In Runtime
This problem started a few days ago but has gotten progressively worse.

When I boot my computer up, I get no beeps and no signal. My computer does have power and all the fans are working, there is just no "kick" to get it to boot. It's just a black screen. My DVD drive light flashes and my hard-drive light flashes (although you can hear it ticking whilst the power is on)

Very rarely though (after maybe 15 or so power off and ons) it'll boot up but that won't last for long and it'll constantly crash with blue screens and reboot itself.

I have reset the CMOS multiple times
It is not the graphics card as I originally thought. I replaced it.
I don't believe it's the memory, I have 2 sticks and tested both singularly. No change
I did a format earlier today and didn't have a single problem with crashes during it, so it's not software related.

Any ideas?

My first ? is did you go from a onboard to addin graphics card? The ticking hard drive sounds like it is about to die (generally what a ticking HDD means) If your possitive its not the gpu then idk.

It seems that the ticking wasn't my hard drive. It's coming from my power button area.

I took the motherboard out of my case, placed it onto a non-conductive surface, only connected cpu, 1 stick of memory, and video card and still the exact same problem. Won't go to POST anymore no matter how many times I reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom