Computer turning off during games

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuxoR

What choice did I have?..
Hey guys I recently added a 500watt OCZ psu and a GTS 250 into my computer, but lately I've been playing CoD4 or Dragon Age and the computer just turns off :/

Could this be an overheating issue? the temps seem fine sometimes peaking into the 60s
Anyone have any advice? thanks

When you say temps are in the 60's I assume that is your cpu. What temps are you getting on your gpu?

Are you using win7 Beta?

Sorry I should have been more specific, I just shut down the game here are my speed fan numbers
captureup.jpg

Temp 1 went to 80 before I shut the game down sadly I can't get passed the character creation screen in Dragon Age :/

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium now

gpu drivers updated?
all game patches installed?
fan running on gpu?
If you had a ATI card before did you properly uninstall all of the drivers?
give realtemp a try as well to check temps.

Just uninstalled old drivers and updated the GPU drivers
RealTemp does not support my CPU sadly but I will try the game again

Could it be excess dust in the CPU fan?

Does it turn off or restart?
I can assume it's a safety measure to keep something from being damaged.
My computer restarted randomly when I played BF2 with a RADEON 9200 (with CCC); it would otherwise blue screen if I unchecked the box to make it restart on a problem like that.
I'm not really good on this stuff but I'm just throwing out things.

Use Hardware Monitor to check the temps. Give us a print screen of HM while the game is still running.

Use Hardware Monitor, just leave it running while your game is running. It will display the maximum temp achieved. Just be sure to quit your game before the PC shuts down or the info will be lost :D

HWMonitor

I did this last night with Speedfan and GPU-Z

The GPU stays relatively the same, the fan never going above 30%, the CPU is what I believe is overheating jumping up to 80 degrees Celcius before I quit the game

Whats your cpu?

80 degrees is definitely too high. Try removing the heat sink, cleaning it and reinstalling it properly with good thermal paste (thin layer). Are you using stock cooler?

As for your gpu fan, can you set it to max? Just to rule that out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom