Games freeze then cannot shutdown computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said this started a week ago and I didn't see anyone ask...

What changed a week ago?

new hardware? new software? Windows updates? Driver Updates?

all of the above could potentially cause your problem.

You said this started a week ago and I didn't see anyone ask...

What changed a week ago?

new hardware? new software? Windows updates? Driver Updates?

all of the above could potentially cause your problem.

It just started. I did install a add-on for flight simulator x which is called Real environment x and then it started so I uninstalled it and uninstalled fsx and it still froze. I also have norton 360 so I think it isnt a virus. The games that were having the problems were flight simulator x and mw2. I have warcraft 3 and it isnt having problems though.

Did you try turning down AA/AF

Also try older drivers for your card.

Flight sim X and MW2 are more demanding than wc3.

I might venture to guess that the card may just be too weak.

It just started. I did install a add-on for flight simulator x which is called Real environment x and then it started so I uninstalled it and uninstalled fsx and it still froze. I also have norton 360 so I think it isnt a virus. The games that were having the problems were flight simulator x and mw2. I have warcraft 3 and it isnt having problems though.

ok so we found the culprit at least, the add-on caused the issue to begin with, however it remained a problem after 'uninstalling' of the addon right?

Uninstallers are notorious for 'not uninstalling'. I suggest you run Ccleaner to find any remnants of the addon.
There are probably a few files/entries it failed to remove from the machine.

for giggles i looked into the environment x and saw a bunch of posts on their forum with people having similar issues. I suggest checking those out.

That would take care of what brady is talking about. Best to clean all of the other files too though just to get rid of the extra junk.

I did the ccleaner and when I was playing mw2 I played for about 5 minutes and the screen went black and then the computer restarted. When it booted up to the desktop the background was black to I had to right-click then click personalize then switch the background picture so it wont be black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom