BSOD killed my pc :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieW5025

Beta member
Hi, i had a BSOD last night and then my computer turned off. This morning, i tried to turn my PC on but only my lights and my fans work.
There is no signal going to my screens and the fans remain on full power (they normally slow down after 5 seconds or so). There is no bios message or bios beep. Is there any way to revive my PC?
I have the Asus P5K Premium motherboard if this helps.

Doh.

Hmmm, whatever BSODed did so cause it died. List your specs, but if you have 2 sticks of ram, I'd try using only 1 and try it. If no go, then try the other. As well try different slots.

If you take out vall your ram, it should repeatively beep.

Ok, i have moved the ram about and had it so i have one stick in each slot, none of these worked, and i also tried to clear the CMOS by removing the battery. It still doesnt turn on.

Also, if i take out all of my ram and turn it on, it is the same, the lights, fans and HD turn on but nothing on the screen. I dont think my Beep speaker has been working for a while though.

My specs are:

Asus P5k premium motherboard
8800gt + 8600gt (for 3 screens)
2gb of Corsair XMS2 ram
samsung spinpoint 750gb HD
CD Drive

I have unplugged the hard drive and turned it on, same thing - fans and lights but nothing on screen. I have also moved the video cards around and nothing has changed :(

Well from what you've already 'done', it just sounds like a mobo issue now. Unless you have another one, it's hard to troubleshoot without beeps.

Ok, thanks for the replies. Ill try to get hold of a speaker and ill have a look in the motherboard manual to diagnose the beeps.

Thanks for the help, Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom