Computer randomly freezes at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I just checked, it's memtest 86+. I guess I'll do it overnight, I don't wanna sit here without a computer for 4 hours.

Any other programs you think I should try in the meantime, incase it's something else?

If there's an error, it would pop up and let me know right? It went through the 3 steps and then restarted, I didn't see anything about an error.

I do have a second hard drive, would it be possible that the problem is there? The second hard drive just has programs, videos, music and games, not my os or anything.

There are 5 steps, so the fact that it restarted on step 3 is a bad sign.

It could still be either RAM, harddrive or power supply, we won't know until memtest 86+ is run for least 4 hours.

Its unlikely for other hard drives to cause problems, normally if it is the hard drive it is the one with the operating system installed.

Yea it just restarted. Once step 3 of 3 ended, it compiled some list of what looked like my computer specs, then restarted.

It all went really fast so I couldn't read everything. Which is why I asked if it should notify me about any errors.

and when I say it all went really fast, I don't mean the test itself, when the test ended it had a bunch of lines of info come on, then restarted.

Oh and one more thing, is it specifically suppost to be "chkdsk volume:/f" I type in? Cuz that command doesn't work, I have to type "chkdsk /f" for it to do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom