Rip off England

Status
Not open for further replies.
at the time of this posting this thread has been viewed 805 times and had 80 replies, so altho everyone wants it moved they keep comin back and keeping it alive, err like i just did

We could try and get 1000 views!!!! Someone think of a tech question that lots of people will want to answer. Oh and we could try an get 100 replies! :question: :freak:

"However i don't want to pay the english prices and fund blair's relationship with bush" - Interesting way to throw politics into a computer forum. And I'm sure none of that money goes to improving roads, paying for some form of welfare, etc.......it's all so Tony Blair can afford to be part of the "popular people"........get real.

Ok, I have a question...probably everyone here but me knows the answer but: What is this new PCI-Express I hear of? I mean, how's it different than regular ol' PCI?

it's the future, its faster than agp, it will let you use 2 graphics cards at same time(one for top of screen and one for bottom) thats about all i know, you could have got that answer no problem tho there are loads of threads about it

That sounds stupid and really cool at the same time....I can see how using 1 card for half the screen and 1 card for the other can boost the performance.

Someone think of a tech question that lots of people will want to answer. Oh and we could try an get 100 replies!
Sure...I can get this to 1000 posts. Here we go...

Which presidential candidate will you vote for, and why?

PCI-Express allows for the expansion of the available bandwidth between the card and the mobo. AGP conventions are limited. PCI-E will double the available bandwitdh over standard 8X AGP.

As for dual-cards, with PCI-E it is possible to physically link two graphics cards together to create a dual-graphics-processor system. This isn't a new concept, but PCI-E makes it much easier, and in the future will make it easily available to the general user with money to spend on a second card.

Actually, the top-bottom thing is only one way of working with dual gpu's. Another way is the splitting-up of the frame processing between cards. Instead of having one card running at 60fps, you can have two cards theoretically pump out twice as much (120fps) in the same relative amount of time. You could also produce the same 60fps playback, but have both cards only doing 30 frames each. This reduces load on the individual card, and not only allows for more processing to be done to each frame, but allows for greater speeds as the work can be shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom