Building a gaming machine with an ATX mini tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Fox

OCZ SSD Enthusiast
I'd say so...but you can tell me if I'm wrong. I spent 1 hour, comparing and checking a list of components to make a gaming computer with an ATX mini tower, enjoy:

Case: Newegg.com - LIAN LI PC-A05NB Black Aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Motherboard + CPU Combo: Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Graphics Card: Newegg.com - PNY VCGGTS2501XPB GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Power Supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

Memory: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK - Desktop Memory

DVD Burner: Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - CD / DVD Burners

Hard Drive: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Grand total of: $1039

Upgrades can later be done with this computer like adding more memory, hard drives, and DVD drive. This motherboard can handle a 3-way SLI and so can the graphics card (and I'm pretty sure the power supply can handle it too). Anyway, as far as cooling goes, as long as no overclocking is done...which shouldn't need to happen, then the cooling should be fine. Although, if one is uncomfortable with the temperatures, they could always get a high powered 80mm fan that could be added into the case or they could get a better CPU fan. Well, other than the fact that everything would be cramped together, I'm pretty sure everything is compatible but you can look over if you want. Tell me what you think. :big_smile:

I wanted the power supply to be able to handle a 3-way SLI (perhaps you could go lower with it, but i didn't know). That card isn't really that bad, especially if there's 2 or 3. Besides, I'm not really looking to go all the way, high-end stuff...just the semi-high good stuff that would be cheap and fit in a small case. (Plus, I am not planning on getting this...a friend just mentioned it and so i found all of these parts) :)

3 way sli is never really worth it. Stick to dual card setups if even that.

And the corsair 750 TX is the psu u want in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom