i7 920, 3.0GHz, 69 C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejjman1

Baseband Member
I am very new to OC, and I probably have all my voltages wrong. I didn't mess with any of them, and just raised the QPI or something...:thumbsup:

27667908.png

If there's anything wrong, let me know, or if I need to change stuff or give more information.

I idle around 42C or so.

If this is good, then woohoo!

-Ejj

EDIT: It is not a Idle, it is under 100% load.

Keep overclocking till you hit the 75C load temps.

I would keep it lower. You can put higher CFM fans on the heat sink and in the case.

Ok cool. So everything looks in check? I was using this crappy E-LEET Utility, which comes with my EVGA motherboard, and kept raising the QPI, which in turn raised my Speed and my Speed of Memory.

I left my PCI-E alone.

But, I got to 3.2 GHz, and my computer froze. My buddy said I have to raise the Voltage or something. I'll probably go look at a guide no and actually do this under the BIOs instead.

The EVGA E-LEET Utility is anything but crappy, your just not using it properly. The utility gives you access to most of the main bios controls with the memory ratios and latencies as the exceptions. Use the E-LEET utility to test your settings for basic stability and then manually set them in the Bios.

Just looking at your screenshot I can tell you that something is wrong. I've tested the Cooler Master V8 with the 1st i7 920 C stepping I owned (it's now Hefe's) and I had cooler Temps at 4GHz than you have at 3GHz. But that's not the main problem I'm seeing. Your having a problem with your Voltages. Your Vcore is way low or it's being reported wrong but your biggest problem is with your 12v line, it's only at 10.56 volts.

These values might be just being reported wrong. Download Hardware Monitor and post a screenshot.
HW Monitor

You should also fill out this Bios Template with the setting your using so we know exactly what's going on.

Imageshack - picto

I'll be back to edit with the Bios Template in soon.

And, to add on, I just got AS5, and unsure weather to apply it vertically or horizontally (line method), I just went vertically, and my temps didn't do much, possibly even rise.

What I will say straight away is that there is a darn big gap between your core temps, usually indicative of an incorrectly seated heatsink. I'd recommend reseating your HS and check your paste, how much did you put on? You should only be applying a dot, too much paste will have a negative effect.

edit: also, did you put your CPU under full load before posting the HWM screenshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom