Trouble with new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

motounplugged

Solid State Member
This is my first pc build totally on my own. I built my old setup last Christmas with the help of a very experienced friend.. I think I have everything hooked up right, but I'm not getting an image on my monitor. The computer boots fine and stays on. Any ideas?

Build:

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Newegg.com - hec X-Power Pro 600 600W Continuous @ 40°C ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - Logitech S-220 17 Watts 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System - Speakers

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - CD / DVD Burners

Here's a couple pics of the mobo.. Maybe I didn't connect something right? :cute:

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

Looks really nice other than it not working!!

First, make sure your graphics card is plugged in all the way :p
Perhaps use a different monitor and see if that works...
I can't really give much more advice than that on this subject....

Another thing that I was just recently reading about...and i don't know if this pertains to your graphics card but some cards need direct power from the power supply...maybe check to see if your card requires that ...or just look for a port on your graphics card that looks like a power cable could be plugged into...

Doesn't look like your 4pin is plugged in to your motherboard. Top picture right above the blue heatsink. Other thing try re-seating your 24pin connector, plug in the other 4 too.

Doesn't look like your 4pin is plugged in to your motherboard. Top picture right above the blue heatsink. Other thing try re-seating your 24pin connector, plug in the other 4 too.

I dont have a cable for the one in the top? And i cant get the 4p to fit beside the 24p.. i'm going to go mess with it again.. hopefully i get this figured out tonight!!

Unplug the 20pin from the motherboard, connect it with the 4pin, THEN connect the (now newly formed) 24pin into the motherboard.

And like inked said, look for another 4 pin for your cpu, plug it into the blue 4-pin socket next to your cpu.

x2.. CPU power isn't plugged in. -=EDIT=- DARN IT ALL.. I REALLY gotta start reading more.. and every power supply should have a CPU 4/8pin connector. Unless it's an old PSU.. I've seen a couple older Pent4 rigs that don't have it.

Looks strikingly similar to my pics of MY first build.. Same darn problem too.. LOL.. Creepy!

Hahahahha how noobish. I had ran and hid the wires through the back of the case. Found it and hooked it up and now it's working! :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom