laptop for the new year

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerinpa

Fully Optimized
Hi Guys- looking for a laptop. Trying to stay under $900. Mostly video editing ( home movies) , some gaming ( teenagers) BF2142, Starcraft , etc.... email, surfing, Want it to be functional for 3 years.

Found a Hp Dv7 at Sams for $799

- M600 Turion dual core ( 2.4 ghz)
- 500 GB ( 7200 rpm Sata) HHD
-win 7 premium
- ATI mobility 4650 ( M69) graphics card
- 4gb DDR2 ( unknown speed - assume 800)

Have been reading here and elsewhere that the dual core Toshiba and the Asus laptops are also good.

?? Should I just bite the bullet and get a I7 core ( over 1k) or will the dual cores ( amd/intel ) with a good graphics card ,etc. do the job for 2- 3years.

Thanks in advance

Well, if you just like playing old games like those, it will work until it breaks. I wouldn't expect that laptop to run all the new games that come out 3 years from now. It might just run some of the lower end ones. It should still be running most new games at some sort of settings in two years though. I'd say its a good buy.

The new starcraft is coming out and they do play Crysis occasionally. I hate spending $1500 bucks for a laptop that will play games , when I will be building a gaming desktop soon - finally - gave up on "help" and will try myself next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom