Slow video card performance with over clocked i7 920 and Asus Rampage II Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adjusting the IOH/ICH I/O, ICH VCore and the IOH VCore voltages can help with stability with SLI. I've got mine set at

IOH/ICH I/O voltage at 1.625 (stock is 1.5v)
ICH VCore at 1.25v (stock is 1.05v)
IOH VCore at 1.375 (stock is 1.1v)

I've also got my PCI-E Frequency set at 106 (100 is stock)

And you might want to try using an older video driver. The newer 190 series drivers have been very unstable for a lot of users. I'm using the 186.16 drivers.

Great info!! Thank you. Noob question alert, what site do you download older Nvidia drivers from? I've always installed the latest verison.

happy holidays

You can download beta and older driver straight from Nvidia :D

Attachments

• old_drivers.jpg
    old_drivers.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 198
My suggestion is to start all over with your overclock.

Reset the CMOS and try going to 3.2 Ghz on stock, then see if the games run as smooth as you want them to.

Adjust settings from there on.

My suggestion is to start all over with your overclock.

Reset the CMOS and try going to 3.2 Ghz on stock, then see if the games run as smooth as you want them to.

Adjust settings from there on.

Makes sense. On a side note, I've built several systems with overclocking\gaming as the primary focus. This is by the far the most troublesome build I've ever had to to deal with:angry:

I've got my PCI-E clock to 110, had it up to 115, but then my integrated LAN crapped out. (Not sure if it was the cause, but it was working perfectly before at 110, and then poof 115, and no onboard LAN anymore.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom