Motherboard problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woflina

Solid State Member
Hey guys I just registered on here as it looks like nobody else has my problem (sorry for the no intro post). I bought a new processor and fan like 2 weeks ago and installed them (both compatible). At that time my computer would get power but no video signal. After looking on the net for help I tried starting with the minimums in my computer (made sure ram, vid card and all cords plugged in). After I unhooked and rehooked my computer inside and out now my computer won't turn on at all. I made sure my 20 + 4 pin power connector and the power sw and the external power cable was pushed in. I have nothing else to suspect that it may be my mobo itself possibly from some static when attaching the fan backplate. Can somebody please help me? Thanks

Try doing the bare bones test.

Unattach everything from the motherboard except, one stick of ram, video card, cpu/heatsink and power connectors to motherboard and video card.

Then take motherboard out of case and place on a non conductive surface.

Clear CMOS by removing the watch like battery for 30 seconds, then try to turn on.

Report back.

For psus do I have to worry about the actual size or the amount of fans or anything?idk anything about them except that you are supposed to have like 30 percent wattage than you actually need

List the Manufacturer and Model Number of all the Major Components in your PC.

Motherboard -
CPU -
Memory / Ram -
Video Card -
Sound Card -
Hard Drives -
Optical Drives -
Fans (size and numbers) -
Power Supply -
And any other components I may have missed :D

Emachines t3656
mobo I think is like 945c...very cheap and horrible
CPU intel e5400 pentium dual core
zerotherm cf900 fan/heatsink
2 1gb sticks of ram
xfx geforce 8600gt vid card
that's all the stuff that I bought for my computer that I've replaced. Rest of the stuff not mentioned is stock on that computer
the first step I'm gonna take is getting a new psu since it's not making a soft "hum" noise when it was plugged in as it used to
I dunno how many watts I need though as I just raced over the power supply guides

You have any money on you? I would get a new motherboard, and just carry your devices over, and yes, get a new PSU

It could be either the mobo or the power supply. It's really just a guessing game. Knowing their eMachine parts I would also just get a new mobo and power supply. But that brings up the case. Is it a little dinky case or a mid-size? You may want to upgrade it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom