Overclocking GeForce 6600GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue4paper

In Runtime
Well, I've downloaded rivaturner and I've tried bringing my clock and memory speed up by increments of 5 mhz. Each time I increased the clock speed and did a benchmark test with 3Dmark03, i never got any different results. I'm now at 15 mhz, whether I'm playing a game or not, the core temps don't change more than 10 degrees and my FPS hasn't changed either.

So, whats up?

15 Mhz is a small overclock, you probably won't see large gains in anything with that.

Try overclocking more..

Make sure you also increase memory and shader clocks by small amounts.

Well, I just finished using ATI tool, and i got max core of 561 mhz and memory 641 mhz.

I'm not sure if i did this properly, but during the memory clock test, my temps were still at 61 C the entire time. While overclocking my core, they reached a max of 74 before the artefacts came and frooze the comp.

Also, in rivatuner i cant seem to find the shader clock, i checked in the power user and couldn't find it. Is it possible my card doesn't support it?

And yes, the card does have a fan, and i also have another fan blowing in its direction, but i plan on replacing the fan to point directly at the card soon.

Edit: Alright, I set my core clock to 540 mhz and memory clock to 615 mhz. My temperatures are 43 GPU and 36 Chipset, when idle. I'm going to try and play a game now and see how the temps do.

Yes, i just used ATI tool, i'm using the above mentioned clock speeds and my core temps are going past 60 when i'm playing in game. What i'm wondering is that, even when ATI tool tested my clock speeds at the max, my temps were still around 70ish. Does this mean that my cards limit is when it starts crashing no matter the temps?

How close to the cards limits should i go? 10mhz? 15mhz?

Edit: Also what programs can i use to check voltage for my graphics card. If rivatuner or ati tool has this option where is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom