Enermax Revolution 1050W, should I do it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

meat_helmet

Daemon Poster
Well guys, I have been wanting a new PSU for a while. My little 550w antec has been good to me over the years but I know my system is on the boarderline and I don't like that feeling. I've been looking at PSUs around the 850W range so I can whack another gtx285 in with no probs.

But looking around at corsairs, seasonics etc, they are all in the $240-250 [AU] range and for $278 i can get an Enermax Revolution 1050W which I know is one of the best out there. I want it to last and that gives me more than enough head room for the future.

What would you do?? Am I just being greedy or should i get the beast?

I cant decide...

EDIT: I also want a modular PSU [I'm picky about cables...], so it cancels out some of the slightly cheaper ones in the range that are less than $240.

Enermax makes great power supplies and the Revolution is one of them. Their PSUs are made from CWT who are responsible for quite a fair number of higher performance power supplies for the likes of Corsair.

Why do you want another power supply in the first place?

Are you building a new computer or adding crossfire/sli?

The Revolution line are great models, can't go wrong! :)

Why do you want another power supply in the first place?

550W for my setup is the bare minimum, although my psu does have 42A so i think i have a slight bit of headroom. But i am also fairly sure it is stopping me from overclocking properly. I can't push mt i7 past about 3.2Ghz without it becoming unstable and BSODing, even with pumping alot of voltage through. The same goes for my videocard - its BSODs with even very minor overclocks.

So i am either really unlucky in the parts i have got, or my PSU is at its max and and struggling. I am hoping its only the second one ;)

And yeh in the future i would like to go SLI, xfire.

Seems to me its a bargain considering most other 1000W PSUs over here are around $350.

For modular Power Supplies you can't go wrong with a lot of brands serving up at least 1KW. I tend to stay within Enermax or Corsair. The Enermax has thicker cable so it hard to bend the 24pin power plug. Whereas Corsair has flexible flat cables for better routing around tight areas.

I've owned the HX1000 and currently have two Enermax Galaxies that perform admirably.

HX1000 in a X48 system.

Galaxy in a Xeon system.

I looking at Newegg when I remember your in Australia :D

Enermax makes Good power supplies. I had one go bad a few years ago but that happens to the best of brands every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom