Help build computer BOX (Intel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg_BigPhpAmator

Solid State Member
Hello. Maybe this Christmas I willl get new computer but the think is my actual knowledge about graphic cards, and processors, etc. is NULL. I stayed at P3 and Geforce 2 age.
I was posting in March but I did not buy computer at that time.
I would be very greatfull if somebody of you could build somethink for me. I need only BOX. I wish to have Intel (hate Athlon and other AMDs). Something for little graphic design and newest game as Call of Duty.
I am not sure about price range but around 1200 + TAX.

PS.I was thinking about buying full setup in Costco ->
Costco - Dell? Studio XPS 9000 English i7-920, 24-in. Full HD, 9 GB, 1TB

Maybe its good price and good configuration specially that windows is included but then I get aqnother screen but biger:) which is nice. Good configuration is most importand for me.

Thank All of You for any advices.....

If your not experienced in computer building, I think that Dell would be OK. Just take all the bloatware off that. (Bloatware = trial software you don't need)

Well, you can just hook up 2 screens :wink:

I dont know what is the best today. With your sugestions I eill setup computer in the store and they will build that for me but I dont trust their advices so thats why I am looking for help here.
Few more questionsabout Costco - Dell? Studio XPS 9000 English i7-920, 24-in. Full HD, 9 GB, 1TB.
Is this processor one of the latest? Is this the one which has 4 processors inself? Is this good grphic card (still on the top)? I want build computer for another 5-8 years.....maybe more:)

I just noticed that graphic card is integrated on mother board and that is now good as I know. Maybe I should just build somethink like this with otyher motherboard and graphic card

No that Dell from Costco comes with a Nvidia GTX260 video card which is not intergrated. Its a fairly good mid-performance card [that is, its middle of the high performance range] but you are paying more for that Dell than you would if you built your own.

Are you at all interested in trying to build your own?? Its not actually as hard as you might think, you will gain some knowledge of computers and we can give you tutorials and step by step help to guide you through it.

The i7 CPU's are the latest core, 9GB of ram is good, 1TB is excelent.

I think it has 4 cores, yes. Someone want to correct this?

The i7 CPU's are the latest core, 9GB of ram is good, 1TB is excelent.

I think it has 4 cores, yes. Someone want to correct this?

Thei7-920 has 4 cores and 8 threads [it has hyperthreading so each core can perform to threads at a time further improving mulitasking performance]. 9GB of ram is overkill really.

No that Dell from Costco comes with a Nvidia GTX260 video card which is not intergrated. Its a fairly good mid-performance card [that is, its middle of the high performance range] but you are paying more for that Dell than you would if you built your own.

Are you at all interested in trying to build your own?? Its not actually as hard as you might think, you will gain some knowledge of computers and we can give you tutorials and step by step help to guide you through it.

Definitly I would like to build my own computer. That Dell price is little over my budget and ....I dont need screen and other stuff. I dont care about outside look, dont need blueray (I think so), dont need huge harddrive.
I wish to go for i7 CPU, 9GB. What mother board I should get and other importand hardware. I build computer many years a go but I pick wrong mother board and graphic card (geforce 2).in some games comp went frozen. Thats why I want to avoid that mistake and pick right hardware without overpaid. I hope its possibe:)
Thx for any advice.

IMO, ASUS mobo's rock, but I'm not very familiar with the i7 line, in a few weeks of looking on here, I might be more helpful in this area.

(You don't really need 9Gb of ram, 4 or 6 is plenty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom