Upgrading My Dell Dimension 3100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atunzuman

Solid State Member
Ok, so im planning on buying new parts for my Dell Dimension 3100.
Would this things im buying work on this computer:

Dell Dimension 3100 (Pentium 4 Processor 640 3.2GHz; 256MB RAM) Overview - PC & Peripherals - CNET Asia

(From 512mb) Ram: 2GB Dell Dimension 3100 Memory Upgrade | Dimension 3100 2GB Dell RAM modules

Video Card: Amazon.com: Nvidia Geforce 9500GT Pci 1GB DDR2 2PORT Dvi HDtv Low Profile: Electronics

PSU: (Unknown Please provide a good choice, not to high on price either, just something that works)

Everything looks good.

I use a Antec Earthwatts 380W on my Intel Atom 330. It gets the job done. I've used it 24/7 for a good year now.

Ok, now can someone find me a cheap PSU? Like the bare minimum i would need to run these, it would be appreciated as i dont want to find an incompatible one.

you will need a power supply adapter to use a regular ATX PS on a dell desktop. here is some info. if you plug in the PS without the adapter it will short out the moterboard and possibly damage the CPU.

6 Pin Dell P10 AUX Connector Adapter

if you are going to buy a power supply i would get at least 500 watts to use with video cards. the video card you picked will work with 400 watts
but if you decide later to buy another computer you can remove the PS and put the old one back in. video cards in the $100 plus range require more power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom