Question about the X58

Status
Not open for further replies.

augest

In Runtime
I was wondering for people that have this board or know about it, After I place two video cards in there, Will I still be able to fit my X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series sound card on the mother board as well?

My current build I have a 280i mother board, With a 275 & 8800 in there, And they both cover my pci slots, Not allowing me to place my sound card back in, Making me have to use a USB sound card that really sucks!

Thanks.

Also, What would be the best DDR3 ram to get with the X58?

Depends what motherboard you chose. Some will have all PCI slots block if two video cards, others have A PCI slot above the PCIE slots.

The RAM depends on whether or not you want to overclock.

You can get the cheapest x GB kit if your not overclocking.

All of this depends on what you want to do and how much you have to spend.

Assuming the video cards are dual slot, and you have two of them, it will only block one PCI slot.

The very last PCI slot should still be open for your sound card.

How much memory did you want?

That'd be even better! But honestly only need one really. I was either going to put in two 275's, Which I already have one, Just got it a couple months ago, Or buy a 285.

Ram these days seem to be 6 gig's most common, So I'd go with that. 2 Gig sticks seem to be better then what they use to be.

As for a HSF, I heard the dark knight was pretty decent? ( Newegg.com - XIGMATEK Intel Core i7 compatible Dark Knight-S1283V 120mm Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks )

Also, I got a random question, I just bought the Razer Mamba, And though I like the mouse it has a major issue, The least little shake on the desk will move the mouse, While I type right now the **** thing is moving all over the place, Trying to close out a tab in firefox takes me age's, And right clicking on a link takes even longer, It always moves my arrow miles away from where I want to click. :(

I've updated the drivers and firmware, But it still has the problem, Even took my dpi down to 800 (lowest it can go), And still has this problem. It's really turned me off to this mouse.

Mouse: I think you should be able to adjust mouse sensitivity in the control Panel in windows, or check the companies website for fixes/software.

That heat sink looks fine for the price.

Make sure you buy thermal paste such as MX-1, MX-2, or TX line.
Artic silver is also good.

This is pretty good 6GB overclocking RAM.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231225

This is also very good set, but more expensive.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145222
Just tell us if you want to spend more/less.

You can be lower speed memory and just loosen timings when the speed goes past what it is rated for.

I did that with the mouse, And it doesn't matter. Ha.. I'll contact them in a bit and see what they have to say about it.

Yep, I have Artic, Wouldn't use anything else. G-Skill use to be **** good ram for the price back in the day, Now it seems to be not much cheaper then other leading brands. Corsair is what I've always went with and what I was looking at now, But not that model, Thank you - As I'll be choosing that. For the price it's fair.

I'd rather not lose my timing. And 9 / 24 for that ram seems to be rather high. ( Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C7 G - Desktop Memory ) I liked them timings the best out of all the DDR3 ram I found, Pricey but honestly not near as bad as what my 4 gig's worth of DDR2 ram was back 3 years ago.

Thanks again for all your help and idea's!

If the RAM is running under the speed its rated for, you can tighten the timings.

The 9-9-9-24 (or whatever it is) is if its running at 1600.

Yea true, But what would be best, Better timings or speed? Cause with the XMS3, I can have cas at 7 still running 1600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom