How many optical drive bays for gaming only PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezer

Solid State Member
One drive ? Two ? I have one, but Im curious to know how many do you
use while gaming on a rig for gaming only . . I have seen a lot of rigs with up to four or five bays . Is it absolutely to have that many for high end gaming rigs ? What's the bare minimum you would be comfortable with on a high-end (strictly gaming only ) rig.

I got 5 in mine, but then again, i have
1x DVDRW
2x RAIDed hard drives in caddies
1x Fan Controller
1x Card Reader.

And then I got another 6x internal 3 1/2 inch bays for hard drives.

I have seen some fan controllers take up 2x 5 1/4 inch bays.
Some people might still have 2 optical drives in the PC. About the only people that seem to do that is those people that copy CD/DVDs on the fly

And of course you got some of the wackiness that Thermaltake has brought out like
thermaltake-xray.jpg

Introducing the Thermaltake X-Tray 5 1/2 inch beverage hold with cigerette lighter.
Now why would any one be stupid enough to get one of these is beyond me.
1. I would not have a drink that close to my computer case.
2. Smoking around your computer is bad. Smoking kills your lungs and your hard drive.

However i did one stage have the Thermaltake i_tray with I found useful.
It was a small tray in which I could store Screws, CD Pens, Memory cards. My only problem with it was that they could of made it a little bigger

I have 2 optical drives in all of my PC's. 1 dvd burner and 1 blu-ray player. But my gaming PC does a lot of stuff other than just gaming. It's screaming fast at any task a computer can do :D

However i did one stage have the Thermaltake i_tray with I found useful.
It was a small tray in which I could store Screws, CD Pens, Memory cards. My only problem with it was that they could of made it a little bigger

I have a small tray that came built into my case. It is very useful for storing small objects like screws, adapters and stuff like that.

I have 6 bays on my case. Only 2 are being used, one for dvd drive and the other for a media card reader

ut the only people that seem to do that is those people that copy CD/DVDs on the fly

And of course you got some of the wackiness that Thermaltake has brought out like
thermaltake-xray.jpg

Introducing the Thermaltake X-Tray 5 1/2 inch beverage hold with cigerette lighter.
Now why would any one be stupid enough to get one of these is beyond me.
1. I would not have a drink that close to my computer case.
2. Smoking around your computer is bad. Smoking kills your lungs and your hard drive.

LMAO! I'd so have that just to look at! Never really use lol! I mean really how many people tell you spec's of their pc and at the end be like, (Can light cigs and hold a large soda while gaming!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom