how does this build sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
one more question: will the 420watt psu included in the case be enough to power all of this? i don't want to buy everything, put it together, and then have the psu burn-out...

Well FYI:

I have a 350 watt and a comp with the same amount of stuff, using one power splitter. So I think you will be fine.

I'm saying you will be compatable with your supply, maybe a tad left over. I guess it depends on if you are adding stuff in the future, if so, go a little bigger. Otherwise, remember that for your fans you can use the splitters, because they will still be ok. I actually am running 3 HDs, so if you upgrades to say a soundcard, you'd prob then almost max the PSU.

I dunno...mixed thoughts...take it how you want ?¿

from what I have seen on this forum, Asus have had the least problems. the only problems I've heard of are those with user error, and sometimes with putting in cheapo RAM
if you want a monitor that can take advantagte of the 6800 GT, get a CRT monitor.
this one is a good one, it's fast, big, has good image quality and a maximum resolution of 2048x1536

for your video card, I reccomend eVGA for the brand instead, they have a good reputation

also, the RAM brand you have chosen I wouldn't reccomend, Corsair or Kingston are the more reputable brands, Corsair probbably make the fastest
This is probbably the fastest DDR RAM available it outperforms PC4000 memory
although PC3200 XMS is less expensive, and still performs well, faster than most PC3200 memory

also, Pioneer are the better brands for DVD drives and burners, the 108D is the best DVD burner out there, at 16x and burns dual layer, also the quality of the drive is about the best

i really really wish i could get a crt. best picture and super cheap. however, i have limited space, and a 21" crt will take up too much of it. a 17" crt probably will fit (if it isn't more than a foot deep). are there any high-res 17" crt's out there? i haven't been able to find any...

the reason i chose msi for the video card is because that's all zipzoomfly.com had. i chose them over newegg because it's more or less the same prices, but they have free 2nd day shipping on almost everything, and that cuts down on a lot of money. the corsair ram you showed my is really nice, but much more expensive. the mobo i'm getting can't even take advantage of pc4000, so i'm getting pc3200. the pc3200 you showed me is $60 more than the ram i selected. maybe the one i got is a bit slower, but i don't think it's worth an extra $60. i'll check out the pioneer drives since i may be able to get them extra cheap because my dad works for pioneer :)

thanks

ok i have a couple questions on agp vs. pci-e. the asus mobo i'm getting has a pci slot. does that mean that i can get a pci-e video card and plug it in, or do i need that slot for something? or do i need a special mobo made for pci-e video cards? i was going to get the 6800gt agb, but it's too expensive now for me. i looked at the 6600 (just came out), and all it came in was pci-e, no agp.

just a bit confused
thanks

WTF newegg!!! when i had this comp configured newegg has the 3200 skt 939 cpu on their site. now it's gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom