bought some new equipment, now computer dosent boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't it be ram?

I'm not sure all boards squeel if theres no ram at all.

The only other part thaqt can be dead is the mobo then.

mine does. and the mobo isnt dead, i replaced it twice and got another one, same thing no matter what.

I'm still thinking power supply. To start with Mushkin really isn't known as a power supply company which makes me think that Mushkin is outsourcing the whole thing. While it's rated at 650 watts it's not designed the best. Most of your better power supplies have 1 or 2 Massive 12v rails to deliver the power. The Mushkin is a (4) 12v Rail design which means each Rail is rated for a smaller amount of power. Because of this it is easier to overload one of the rails causing a power issue. You need to make sure your equalizing the power consumption on each rail.

This is a good 650 watt power supply.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

I'm still thinking power supply. To start with Mushkin really isn't known as a power supply company which makes me think that Mushkin is outsourcing the whole thing. While it's rated at 650 watts it's not designed the best. Most of your better power supplies have 1 or 2 Massive 12v rails to deliver the power. The Mushkin is a (4) 12v Rail design which means each Rail is rated for a smaller amount of power. Because of this it is easier to overload one of the rails causing a power issue. You need to make sure your equalizing the power consumption on each rail.

This is a good 650 watt power supply.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

even if it dosent output the full 650W it is still more then enough to run what I have. **** a 200W would be good enough to run it. it is not the power supply (unless of course I am the unluckest guy in the world and that psu is messed up as well....which would just figure.)

so lets see...it is not (beacuse I have replaced it and have had the same results)
The Power Supply
The Motherboard
The Ram
The Video Card

which means it has to be the processor. does anybody else think so or am I just crazy?

EDIT: you cant say * * * * ???

i cannot start a new thread. i cant find the button that the message told me about. :( can anybody tell me how to do this?

The new thread button looks like this:
newthread.png

As a new member, you cannot post in Off Topic or Buy/Sell/Trade. The descriptions of those forums plainly states this.

The new thread button looks like this:
newthread.png

As a new member, you cannot post in Off Topic or Buy/Sell/Trade. The descriptions of those forums plainly states this.

theres a buy sell trade thingy on here??? sweet ^__^ maybe if this pos dosent work i can sell some of it off...

That guide isn't bad but I'm not in 100% agreement with it. It is only a Guide after all.

even if it dosent output the full 650W it is still more then enough to run what I have. **** a 200W would be good enough to run it. it is not the power supply (unless of course I am the unluckest guy in the world and that psu is messed up as well....which would just figure.)

My last point was not so much that your power supply is bad, but more that you should ensure that your not overloading one of the 12v rails

psycopuppy said:
so lets see...it is not (beacuse I have replaced it and have had the same results)
The Power Supply
The Motherboard
The Ram
The Video Card

which means it has to be the processor. does anybody else think so or am I just crazy?

EDIT: you cant say * * * * ???

You very well may have a bad cpu. It does happen. But it doesn't happen often. I'd say 1 in a 1000 cpu's that are rma'd are actually bad.

And you still haven't told us the Make and Model of your ram. It could be a compatibility problem, that's why they make compatibility lists.

well, turns out it was the cpu the whole time...apparently it was faulty when it shipped, but since it was so long ago I cant return it. but thats my problem. Just wanted to thank everyone who helped me out and to let everyone know the end of my story, I know how much you all were dying to hear it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom