bought some new equipment, now computer dosent boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycopuppy

Baseband Member
I bought a new mobo, cpu, psu, vid card, and ram. I installed it all, turned it on, and my moniter stays blank. I know the moniter is not the problem, I tested it out on this laptop. it works fine. I exchanged the mobo, still the same problem. I bought a new mobo, still the same problem. I tried it on my old mobo, still the same problem. I just bought the psu today, I tried it on my old psu, same problem. It does not POST, go to BIOS, make any beebs, or anything else. The monitor stays black. The psu is 650W, which is an upgrade of my old psu which was 450W

can somebody please help me out here, I have been struggling with this problem for quite some time now and have no idea what is wrong.

does the MB have onboard graphics ??
you replaced everything except the hard drive ??

yes it has onboard graphics. I plugged the monitor into the onboard graphics and the vid card (had the vid card unplugged when using the onboard) and before you ask I cant go into BIOS as my computer dosent boot up properly. And yes I replaced everything except the hd. I even had the hd unplugged when I started the computer seeing if I could even get into BIOS. no such luck. I have not plugged the hd in at all.

full specs of the new parts. Something is dead or incompatible.

here are the specs:

PSU: 650W

MOBO: Biostar MCP6P-M2 (website: Biostar MCP6P-M2 - motherboard - micro ATX - GeForce 6150 - Socket AM2)

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Socket AM2

Video Car: GeForce 9500 GT

RAM: 2G DDR 2 667 MHz

everything has been replaced except for the cpu and ram, And I checked to make sure and the they are both compatible with my mobo. So I'm stuck :cry:

also, I posted this problem on another thread (which I thought had been deleated) so you can look on there as well-> http://www.techist.com/forums/f75/bought-some-parts-upgrade-my-pc-now-my-monitor-blank-220817/

Sorry but I have a stupid question, did you plug a PC speaker header into the motherboard? From the manufacturer's website I cannot see an on-board PC speaker soldered on.

Have you cleared the CMOS?

Pull the mobo out of the case. On a cardboard box, Put ONLY 1 ram stick and the cpu in, connect the psu, remember to connect the 4/8pin in for cpu power, and then using a screwdriver jump start the power pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom