So i bought a 5870...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anti-Aliasing at that resolution is like having windshield wipers when driving 90 MPH, it's great if you have it, but not really necessary.

Really? I've never driven over 50 or 60 in rain :/ You don't need windshield wipers? I would think you would need them more.

But I see what your saying, yea less jagz at the higher rez.

Its not that the 285s didn't do what i wanted, but i wanted to get into the eyefinity setup. Also, i wanted to get back down to a single card as my electricity bill is kind of retardedly high running 3. Anyhoo, tigerdirect has 12.8% cashback, so i ordered Ergotron LX Triple Display Lift Stand at TigerDirect.com + 3 Samsung 2343BWX 23" LCD Monitor - 5ms, 2048 x 1152, 20000:1 Dynamic, VGA, DVI, Black at TigerDirect.com

As far as selling the 285s, ya they'll be up soon, but i'd really like to sell them as is with the waterblocks so i dont have to put the original cooler back on.

I plan on getting one of these since I just sold my vette. I was looking over them and saw they have a "display port". What is this for? What type of input is that?

Wish these had 2 HDMI ports instead of one. May go with the 5870 as well.

I plan on getting one of these since I just sold my vette. I was looking over them and saw they have a "display port". What is this for? What type of input is that?

Wish these had 2 HDMI ports instead of one. May go with the 5870 as well.

It's trying to be a new standard. Very similar to HDMI with allowing Audio/Video over a single digital connection. Most computers do not support audio over the DisplayPort connection. However, I have yet to see if ATI uses it's onboard audio with DisplayPort like it does with HDMI? So that could be a possibility. I do see many companies converting to DisplayPort, as it doesn't cost them money, like HDMI.

DisplayPort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP : Lucky *******. :p Wish I had money like that.

Displayport is open source and doesn't have all the ******** licensing attached to it that hdmi does. Thats partly why they are trying to move to it. As far as money goes, this upgrade isn't going to cost me anything. Once i sell my current monitors and video cards i'll come out either even or slightly ahead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom