dead pixel on screen - can this be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I have a dead pixel on my LG screen, and I was wondering if this can be fixed, i.e. if I could fix that myself? Is there software that can do this?

The dead pixel only appears on certain colors (like on red background I see a little black spot).

I have had this screen for about 10 months, but I got a dead pixled warranty for one year along eith it, so in theory I could have it replaced, but would that make any sense?
Don't dead pixels come over time anyway? I'm not sure about this, so I'd appreciate some feedback!

Thanks,
Lars

There is no software that can solve this since it is a hardware problem. I doubt your dead pixel warranty covers a single pixel failure but you could check your documentation for details. There is no sure fire "cure" for a dead pixel but sometimes just poking it lightly can restore it (though it can come back).

most won't replace unless you have like 8-10 dead pixels so you're out of luck with that :|

There is no software that can solve this since it is a hardware problem. I doubt your dead pixel warranty covers a single pixel failure but you could check your documentation for details. There is no sure fire "cure" for a dead pixel but sometimes just poking it lightly can restore it (though it can come back).

Thanks.

You guys misunderstood, I bought an extra dead pixeld one year warranty that cover even a single dead pixel, I bought two screens one of them was already replaced a few months ago because of a single dead pixel. So, believe me, the warranty would still work, but I was just wondering if this would make sense. Do dead pixels come over time? I mean what would be the benefit if I have this screen replaced by a new one that might have a dead pixel after a few months as well.
Any thoughts?

Screens should not have dead pixels on them after a few months. A few years - yes, but not a few months. Either you are purchasing really crappy monitors or you are purchasing used / refurbished ones.

It is always a chance that pixels will burn out on a monitor, so while you send this one in for a replacement you always run the risk that the issue will occur again.

I'm amazed that you've had this many issues, which makes me wonder if you are getting refurbished ones or this is just shotty craftmanship.

As others have said this is a hardware issue, you can't fix it with any software as the screen is physically broken.

Send it in for a replacement and explain your dissapointment to their help desk.

Screens should not have dead pixels on them after a few months. A few years - yes, but not a few months. Either you are purchasing really crappy monitors or you are purchasing used / refurbished ones.

It is always a chance that pixels will burn out on a monitor, so while you send this one in for a replacement you always run the risk that the issue will occur again.

I'm amazed that you've had this many issues, which makes me wonder if you are getting refurbished ones or this is just shotty craftmanship.

As others have said this is a hardware issue, you can't fix it with any software as the screen is physically broken.

Send it in for a replacement and explain your dissapointment to their help desk.

I thought it's a pretty good monitor, it's (actually two monitors, both the same) LG L227WTP.

Maybe this dead pixel was there already form the start, and I just did not notice it in 10 months, I dunno.
I have the dead pixel warranty left until february. But if the company that sold it to me doesn't have the exact same model anymore they will replace it with another one, and that might be a bummer since I have two identical monitors.

Are these LG's I have really crappy monitors? Or do I just have bad luck with them?
You guys don't ever have any dead pixels on your monitors?
I thought it was a pretty common thing.

<knock on wood> i have not had a dead pixel on any of my monitors. I also work within an IT environment in which we have 30 computers in a small area, haven't seen any dead pixels in a year.

I just called the dealer that I had ordered the monitor from back in February, and they said they will take it back if I send it in, but they don't have the exact same monitor anymore to exchange it with, so I'd have to choose another one.
If I do this, I would not know what monitor to choose for. The one I have now is an LG L227WTP-PF. Do you guys have any idea what other LG 22" screen monitor would be comparable (in terms of price and quality)? Or what would you recommend?

Thanks,
Lars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom