So i bought a 5870...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya i lucked out. Paid too much for it, but its an xfx so it has double lifetime warranty and i can change to watercooling without voiding the warranty. I figure if i had waited too much longer my 285s would drop in value more than the premium i paid for the 5870.

It doesn't make much sense that you would get an increase in FPS.

I was thinking the same.....not saying much for a GTX 285 in my opinion...I mean 3 of them are not as good as one 5870.......unless tri sli does not scale worth a crap, and obviously it must not.

My (2) GTX 280's can keep up with a single 5870 in alot of games and benchies. I don't know why veedub has had problems with his tri setup, but he's not going to have to worry about it anymore :D

I really have no need to upgrade my current card, and that's the only reason I haven't gotten a 5870 or 5970 yet. I can still run every game I have maxed out with no lag :)

Still, if you're selling the 285s I really will take one off you :D or two...depending on how weak my willpower is that day, I might even get them all off you.

Would one GTX 285 run a 24" LCD at 1920x1080 with max settings and AA.......I am thinking just a 2nd GTX 260 will do me fine.....probly better than just one GTX 285

Would one GTX 285 run a 24" LCD at 1920x1080 with max settings and AA.......I am thinking just a 2nd GTX 260 will do me fine.....probly better than just one GTX 285

a single GTX 260 is fine for that res. but when you start cranking up the AA is when your FPS takes a hit.

Whirl, that's what I'm running. Crysis, Arkham Asylum, Fear 2, Mirrors Edge, Wolfenstein, Far Cry 2, etc. All run fine maxed out. Well ok Crysis completely maxed and AA enabled lags a little, but otherwise there's no lag at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom