Webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
My dad wants to buy my mom a webcam for Christmas. He wants to buy from somewhere like bestbuy so it isn't hard to take back if he needs to. However, if there is a much better deal on the egg or something, I might be able to convince him otherwise.

He is looking at this one because it is cheap and he isn't sure how much she is going to use it. It is really only going to be for talking to me at college. I have a webcam built into my laptop.

HP - Webcam - KQ246AA #ABA

# Up to 8.0-megapixel still image capture with software interpolation; video capture up to 640 x 480 (VGA) at 30 fps, 800 x 600 up to 20 fps or 1280 x 1024 up to 7.5 fps
# 1.3-megapixel CMOS sensor with autofocus

Would this one have better frame rates at the same res settings though? I know it can go up to a bigger res but it doesn't say what res it can do at 30 fps, its max frame rate.

HP - Elite Webcam - GX607AA#ABA

# Up to 1600 x 1200 video resolution at 5-6 fps; up to 12-megapixel still image resolution (4096 x 3072) via software interpolation
# 3.0-megapixel CMOS sensor with autofocus and up to 5x digital zoom

You can look up the full product features on those pages. Is the second one worth the $65 when the first one is only $23?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom