Wireless laptop and router, Wont connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Army11b

Baseband Member
Hello all, I just got new internet service set up, and hooked up to my router on my desktop and it runs fine, but now when I go to the laptop the net wont work.. When I go into control panel/net options, it says its connected, when i hit diagnose, it says everything is working fine, yet when I go into explorer or firefox I get the ole "page cannot be displayed"
Anyone have an idea how to make this work? Thanks!

Army11b

What kind of encryption are you using on your wirless network?

What you should do is disconnect from the wireless signal, then reconnect and re-enter the authentication key. More than likely the key was entered wrong or you are using the wrong encryption type.

You might try clearing all of your temp net files and all that sort of thing. Be diligent, close the browser and re-open it, delete everything (in Chrome that would be Tools>Options>Personal Stuff>Clear browsing Data, for example). Close your browser again and re-open it; if you're not connected at that point (and you have already tried Lex's suggestion) try setting your wireless back to unsecured and make sure you're getting online that way, if you are try setting up some encryption again, maybe somewhere along the line a setting here or there is off on one end or the other. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom