Good MoBo.. Or No Good MoBo!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePCmaN

In Runtime
is the... MSI K7N2 Delta2 Platinum Edition a good Motherboard?!?! because i was thinkin of buildin another system with a left over Case, PSU.. and i was gonna use that MoBo, and a AMD Athlon XP 3200+ , ATI Radeon 9800XT 256MB GFx Card , Kingston Hyper X 1GB PC3200 (512MBx2) , Seagate 80GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache.. so is that a good Motherboard for that kind of setup!?? help appreciated!! thanks

well when u see that its been viewed 30 times.. and NOT 1 reply.. u kinda figure no one really has an idea!! LoL

i would go with the Gigabyte 7NNXP as well.. ive worked with thta board on a few customer computer and im very pleased with it everytime :)... personally i dont think many ppl on the forums have used that mobo cuz ive never seen its name come up... oh yeah perhaps nubius has used it im not sure... better just wait for him to waddle on down into this topic before u make any commitments :)

apokalipse said:
I think the Asus A7N8X or the Gigabyte 7NNXP are much better boards

I would be going to for the Gigabyte myself.
Asus has fallen in quality in the last few years.

oh yeah perhaps nubius has used it im not sure... better just wait for him to waddle on down into this topic before u make any commitments

LoL correct you are Silver! ::waddle waddle::
I'm using an MSI KT6V only because when I went to the computer store to get the K7N2 Delta they said they didn't have it and so I went a step down. I've never had experience with that particular board, but I can say that MSI makes good motherboards. I have an Abit board in here right now (that I'm trying to sell off SOMEONE BUY IT! :p ) and I've got my second machine built with my MSI board. That MSI board of mine has more options as far as overclocking than this particular ABit board. But beyond all that, I believe you'll find that MSI Board will suit your needs perfectly with stuff you said you wanted to put in there.

Asus has fallen in quality in the last few years.

You are absolutely correct, I've been preaching it ever since I got to these forums and ag3 will agree too. ASUS Just aren't wait they used to be.

Conclusion: I've never used Gigabyte boards before, but I have used MSI and have had no complaints. It's not a completely dumbed down BIOS, but it doesn't have every single option you could possibly want either. It's about the middle road which will provide you with a good solid system if that's what you need and aren't looking for a lot of OC'ing and stuff like that within the BIOS. Since you're looking to put in that 3200+ chip you won't need to OC anyway cause you probably won't have room to. Your RAM is already low latency so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Bah too much ranting. Anywho, my opinion is you won't be disappointed with that motherboard.

thanks alot nubius !! if i end up goin into this System as my second setup.. then now ill choose this board!! thanks for clearin that up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom