Are dvd-r drives all the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam P

Solid State Member
I have a Compaq Presario SR1750NX and the dvd burner has gone out on it. It was a HP dvd740 internal burner. I have searched all over the internet and here and I can't find any specs on it as far as size goes, but have found numerous things in reguards to problems with this burner. I want to replace it, but not sure where to find the answer I am looking for. If anyone here can help me out, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks

Opticals come in two sizes, desktop and laptop. If yours is a desktop, get a desktop sized one. If it is a laptop, get a slim one.

Steer away from LG drives, though. They are crap.

I don't know which port is open on your computer

c00605782.jpg

see bottom right

there is a blue and black bar
those are IDE ports
and next to the bars, under the battery
there are SATA ports

make sure you have an open port to plug in :thumbsup:

I don't know which port is open on your computer

c00605782.jpg

see bottom right

there is a blue and black bar
those are IDE ports
and next to the bars, under the battery
there are SATA ports

make sure you have an open port to plug in :thumbsup:
Since the drive has gone out, the user can just replace the drive and use the same port the drive was already on.

yeah.... but I was worried that the computer already has 2 sata hard drives occupying the sata ports

and store clerk grabs another sata burner for him xD

Opticals come in two sizes, desktop and laptop. If yours is a desktop, get a desktop sized one. If it is a laptop, get a slim one.

Steer away from LG drives, though. They are crap.

I don't know Trotter, I have a few LG drives and haven't had a problem with any of them, One LG in my main system with a Pioneer as the second Optical and both get LOTS of use with no coaster as of yet or come across any media they can't read. One thing about the LG I do like is the automatic firmware updated they get with a program that comes on the LG disk.

Dauntae

Pray you never have to RMA one, mi amigo. Mine died within four months, but according to LG it had to be my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom