Quick question about Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MEDIA is reusable and not tied to a serial. Yes, a serial has to be used, but you could use your disk with a different serial.

don't you have to pay for another license key/serial?

All I am trying to figure out is if I can just register it on my new pc and then just use it as a back up for the rest of my computers that already have windows 7 that's already activated on them if they go kaboom or something happens.

don't you have to pay for another license key/serial?

All I am trying to figure out is if I can just register it on my new pc and then just use it as a back up for the rest of my computers that already have windows 7 that's already activated on them if they go kaboom or something happens.

On your two computers, does it say anywhere on it the windows serial key? Its usually posted somewhere on the computer for pre-builts with installed OS. If you have that key, then you can use the same windows 7 disc for every re-install. All you need to do is enter the corresponding serial key that goes with the computer.

in other words:
So you have "laptop A". If you can find the windows serial key posted somewhere on that laptop (sticker somewhere on the computer itself most likely) then we will call that "Serial A"

Now, you also have "laptop B". Find the serial key on that as well, we will call that "serial B"

Now you buy Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems giving you "serial C" to install on "desktop C"

Now you want to reformat "laptop A". Insert the disc that you bought, and during the installation, use "Serial A" key. This Will work.

On your two computers, does it say anywhere on it the windows serial key? Its usually posted somewhere on the computer for pre-builts with installed OS. If you have that key, then you can use the same windows 7 disc for every re-install. All you need to do is enter the corresponding serial key that goes with the computer.

in other words:
So you have "laptop A". If you can find the windows serial key posted somewhere on that laptop (sticker somewhere on the computer itself most likely) then we will call that "Serial A"

Now, you also have "laptop B". Find the serial key on that as well, we will call that "serial B"

Now you buy Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems giving you "serial C" to install on "desktop C"

Now you want to reformat "laptop A". Insert the disc that you bought, and during the installation, use "Serial A" key. This Will work.

oh my god man, thank you so much =D You were correct, both of my laptops contain Product Key for windows 7 64 bit behind them on the bottom of the base :) Yay problem solved, thank you so much + rep! (How do I give rep??? can't find button X_X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom