windows xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

raf

Solid State Member
hey....let me pose a hypothetical question...lets say i had a hacked version of windows xp pro...how would i go a bout downloading the updates...especially the service packs from microsoft???

u are kinda imposing that you have a cracked version of windows :D as for the dling, im not to shur. Best way is to get off your chair, get in your car, turn on ignition, drive to bestbuy, walk to the windows isle, pick up a box, head towards the cash register, and pay for it.. :D

There is an easy method to installing the Service Packs on a 'hacked' version of Windows... But this is not the place to discuss this.

ez2earn4ever said:
i have seen hacked sp2 windows xp pro cds... yet, better buy your own licensed copy :)

That was too easy a response! Why not expand upon your recommendation to purchase a licensed copy? For instance:
  • What are the ETHICS involved in having a bootlegged copy of Windows XP?
  • Doesn't the owner of a bootlegged copy of XP-SP2 lock himself out of future Windows updates, patches, and upgrades? I mean, would you want to log on to Microsoft's site with a bootlegged copy of their software to try to get the latest important security patch?
The continual barrage of security holes and exploits of the world's most popular operating system demand the ability to download the patches and updates as soon as they are made available. Hacked versions of XP are operating systems begging to be assaulted by any of the script kiddies playing on the net.

!AAATechOne said:
That was too easy a response! Why not expand upon your recommendation to purchase a licensed copy? For instance:
  • What are the ETHICS involved in having a bootlegged copy of Windows XP?
  • Doesn't the owner of a bootlegged copy of XP-SP2 lock himself out of future Windows updates, patches, and upgrades? I mean, would you want to log on to Microsoft's site with a bootlegged copy of their software to try to get the latest important security patch?
The continual barrage of security holes and exploits of the world's most popular operating system demand the ability to download the patches and updates as soon as they are made available. Hacked versions of XP are operating systems begging to be assaulted by any of the script kiddies playing on the net.
In truth if you have a bootlegged copy of windows then it's best to get the sp1 installed. If not then your putting owners of legit copies of XP at risk. You have to download a hack. I'm not telling you where though, use your friggin brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom