HT yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vader3120

Solid State Member
I primarily use my new computer for Drafting and Design (Revit mostly) which is not a hyperthreaded program. So when i use it, it will only use 12.5% of the CPU instead of 25%

If i turn off HT i assume that i can maximize performance because i can use the core to its fullest. Am i correct in that logic?

In that program you probably won't notice a difference with HT on or off. If you turn it off you might notice that it'll multitask a little slower though. I've run HT on and off and haven't noticed much of a difference at all.

You'll just have to test it on your own. If it's not a hyper-threaded program then it probably doesn't support Multi-Cores either. I would expect it to support hyper-threading though, that's been an established feature of the Pentium Processor for years while Multi-Cores are relatively new.

I run my workstation with HT enabled. I'll be working and next thing you know I'll have AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, IE and numerous other small programs all running. I'm a Multi-Tasking Machine :D

Well for the most part the program only uses one core. When i do rendering it will use up to 4 cores . Ill have to test it out myself to see how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom