Quick Monitor Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkpitt45

Daemon Poster
Gonna buy a monitor for christmas, and just I was looking into the Asus VH226H (Newegg.ca - ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 12000 : 1) Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors) 21.5", for a decent price. Looking to stay under $200 before taxes + shipping.

But I stumbled onto this Samsung 23" (NCIX.com - Buy Samsung 2343BWX 23IN Widescreen LCD Monitor 2048X1152 50000:1DC 5ms VGA DVI - LS23MYZKFVA/ZC In Canada.) for the same price, and FREE shipping. It's also got a higher resolution.

I've got a XFX 1gb 4850 currently, so I should be fine with either resolution(minus crysis enthusiast). Just looking for a monitor that looks the best, size is not really an issue with me, as my 17" has served me pretty darn well :p

Anyone use that res? 2048X1152, and would it look better or worse then a 21.5" monitor @ 1920x1080? I don't watch movies on it, so the HD 1080p is not a big deal.

There's two open boxes left for the Samsung so I'll get another $10 off (gonna buy the pixel guarantee if I run an open box) so I'd order it tonight.

i personally would go with samsung --it's larger, higher resolution(but both monitors will look about the same side-by-side), and has a much higher contrast ratio at the same price. Although the asus does have a faster response time, which is required when gaming.
but if size is not an issue for you, you should go with the asus --every ms that is shaved-off is valuable! :thumbsup:

*edit* the higher res(2048*1152) is usually used for work in graphic art etc, not for watching movies --but it is always cool to have a high-res desktop:big_smile:

Well I bought the samsung, cause the monitor I use now has a 16ms response time and it seems fine to me :p Samsung also ended up being $10 less even with pixel guarantee, figured more pixels would look better anyways.

Dont worry about the response time, the Asus is 2ms Grey to Grey, so its actual response time is probably more like 5ms anyway. And both monitors are TN panels so both will most likely have 1:1000 real contrast rations (don't belive those dynamic contrast figures...). You chose the better screen IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom