completely new to the laptop gaming world need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

saucy2040

Baseband Member
hows it goin everybody, as always ive come here again for the reliable source of info these forums has to offer.

but anyways im joining the navy here in a few months and after boot camp while im studying for my job ill be doing in the navy im going to need a computer. now a laptop is the most practical thing to have in my situation since ill be moving around alot and the fact that whenever i have room checks its just not going to be possible for me to completely take apart a desktop in no more then 3 or 4 minutes to put in my locker or closet whicever i may have, so im going to have to get a laptop. im by no means a newb to desktops and their hardware, but when it comes to laptops i am.

so i was hoping i could get some advice on where and what to buy. i dont know any reputable websites to order laptops from that would have anything that could handle gaming on it other than newegg or tigerdirect, and so far im not too sure any of the ones they have will be able to do what i want them to do. so first id like to ask (and if im breaking any moderators rules here i apologize ahead of time) if anybody could point me in the right direction to any reputable manufactures and websites to buy from. as of right now the only place i know of right now to go too that specializes in high performance laptops is alienware, but their laptops specs dont seem to match the price their asking for, but if im wrong please let me know.

also as far as my budget goes id like to TRY and not go over $1500 but if someone here shows me something thats well worth the extra money ill reconsider. i know im asking for alot to bewgin with so im thinking a $1500 limit isnt very realistic, but id like a laptop that has and HD resolution, doesnt necessarily have to have a blu-ray player but i guess thats gonna come with an HD screen, and aside from that all i care about is a laptop that i can have that when ever a new game comes out i dont ever have to worry if i can put the settings maxed out on everything for atleast a year. i dont care too much about looks but if im going to go over my desired budget id like to know im getting the latest hardware and something thats gonna last me a good while.

thankyou in advance to all that put up with the length of my post, but id really appreciate it if anybody could just give me advice on what to look for when it comes to high end laptops and just point me in the right direction. thanks alot again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom