Help to choose monitor... for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northelim

Baseband Member
I would go with the LG --it has a much faster response time at 2ms, and when gaming it's always best to have the fastest rate possible. it also has the highest contrast ratio(difference from darkest black to lightest white) so the extra 10bucks you have to pay is well worth it
but in most other respects they are pretty much identical, hope i've helped :big_smile:

I would go with the LG --it has a much faster response time at 2ms, and when gaming it's always best to have the fastest rate possible. it also has the highest contrast ratio(difference from darkest black to lightest white) so the extra 10bucks you have to pay is well worth it
but in most other respects they are pretty much identical, hope i've helped :big_smile:

Hm, makes sense, thank you man I think I will go with the LG pretty much =D

I'm gonna have to disagree. I would always choose Samsung over LG. Samsung has a much higher level of customer satisfaction. The difference between 2 and 5 ms is negligible.

Important how? Maybe if you're benchmarking , you would see a tiny difference. In real-world applications , though , I can't tell the difference between my E8400 @ 3.6ghz and 4.23ghz. Likewise , you are unlikely to notice a difference between 2 and 5 ms. You will , however notice such things as : dead pixels , brightness , color quality , darkness levels , and general overall picture quality. Look around , read the reviews , and you're likely to come to the same conclusion as me : Samsung is generally a better manufacturer of LCD monitors.

Important how? Maybe if you're benchmarking , you would see a tiny difference. In real-world applications , though , I can't tell the difference between my E8400 @ 3.6ghz and 4.23ghz. Likewise , you are unlikely to notice a difference between 2 and 5 ms. You will , however notice such things as : dead pixels , brightness , color quality , darkness levels , and general overall picture quality. Look around , read the reviews , and you're likely to come to the same conclusion as me : Samsung is generally a better manufacturer of LCD monitors.

whichever way you look at it, an extra 100mhz it will still push ones and zeros faster.

it's the same with a computer monitor, however we are concerning how fast it takes for a pixel to change colour, and it is more obvious. when you are gaming, the lag that is posed with a slower response --if only by 0.3 of a second-- is very noticeable.

you have to remember that this is a monitor for gaming.

i, unlike you, cannot quote on customer satisfaction of the entire planet. i just know which monitor is more suitable for the purpose required, which is the LG monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom