First build here, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dastone1

Beta member
My budget is ideally around $700, but I would definately like to keep it under $1000. I have aboslutely no experience with the innards of computers, im working on figuring out much of the language, per say, because when reading these posts on the forum im usually lost. My mom has a friend at work who can build the computer for me, so that is not a problem. I want to be running MMOs like Aion, Age of Conan, etc.. and i want to be ready for future games, and have the option to upgrade. If anyone can lay out the build for me, with what I need, prices, etc, it would be awesome.

Thanks,
Dylan

well,there is a lot needed in a reply for this--but i'll try.:sweat:
the main things you will need is a case, a motherboard, a cpu and power supply (and ram/HDD). you may also wan't a discrete graphics card(the motherboard will have graphics capabilities built-in, but they won't be steller)

first, you need to choose if your going to use AMD or intel. motherboards are processor-specific so you have to chose on and stick with that choice when buying more components. i think you should go with an amd--they are generally cheaper and the differences in speed between intel and amd isn't that obvious. try an athlon II x4 or phenomIIx4 -- or just browse the site and find a suitable one, here's a handy chart.

[for a power supply, choose one between the required amount for the processor and motherboard]

for a motherboard, the phenom above has an am3 socket and also supports am2+ sockets as well, so browse motherboard manufacturers (asus/gigabyte etc) in their AMD section with am2+(fast) and am3(faster) processor sockets and choose one with capabilities similar to what you want.

choose a case that you think looks good, and is cheap. and MAKE SURE that you choose on that will fit your motherboard inside it.

ram must be chosen according to what sockets are on your motherboard--ddr/ddr2/ddr3 etc. you'll want 2gb + . [min 4gb if your using a 64bit OS]

and the hard drive, one with a 5400rpm will probably be fine, but if you are willing to fork out some extra $$$, then you can go with a 7400rpm unit. you will probably want 320+ gigs, but i dunno-- it's your choice :)

i won't go into graphics cards, because i can't be bothered :big_smile:
good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom