How might I add a more effective GPU fan on my new Galaxy GTS 250?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew you knew, because you've said it before.

I guess you're really in love with your GTX 260 huh? :)

Yha they fold beutifully;)

Its funny, the only change to my rig, spec'd by the forum, in 3 yrs is video cards, and obviously psu to get the pci-e plugs...

I'm quitge happy with the build, that an i* build isn't even a thought.. Only sad face is the inherite 680i chipset flaw of 45nm quads. But mine runs 3.2 for everything but smp folding.

Well, now I am not so happy. I did everything I was told, but PhysX is not working. Every time I attempt to start up PhysX, I receive the following message from Windows:

Windows cannot find “NvCplIUI.exe File not found.

Can anyone here help me with this?

I did notice in the control panel that it says PhysX [32-bit]. I have 64 bit windows 7 ultimate.

I did exactly as instructed before installing drivers. Here was the process I used:

1. Download the driver but do not install
2. Restart in safe mode
3. Uninstall the old video drivers through the device manager
4. Still in safe mode, run a driver cleaner program like Driver Sweeper
5. Restart in safe mode and install the new video driver
6. Restart
Now I am thinking that maybe I should have used the discs that came with the Galaxy GTS 250?

Anyone have some good advice for me?

Oh, I installed 195.62 64 bit version for Windows 7 from Nvidia's website.

Soar

Odd, but wait.. physix requires a second card to use as a physix processer.... you using 2 cards now?

You can run physx with a single card. Its just so commonly said to run a dedicated physx card but the main card can take on the load too. There should be an option in the nvidia control panel to check a box that says physx enabled. Then you need to have a game that specifically supports it, it doesnt work for every game.

Hmm, i've never noticed before... i always run 2 or more....

The drivers on the disk are the same or older, so don't worry about them... I never use the disk, always straight from site.

I'd suggest wipe all drivers and fresh reinstall.

Hmm, i've never noticed before... i always run 2 or more....

The drivers on the disk are the same or older, so don't worry about them... I never use the disk, always straight from site.

I'd suggest wipe all drivers and fresh reinstall.

Whoops,

Sorry for waiting so long to reply. I completely forgot about this post during the Christmas Break.

Ok, I wiped the drivers clean, reinstalled the correct drivers, and now everything works sweet!

Thanks again everyone for your help!

My rig has worked perfect now for over one month and I think I will now leave it as is...

Up, up, and away!

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom