First building experience was terrible (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new psu, still didn't work. took it all to the shop, psu is dead, mobo and gpu dead. Sending it back, spending another 200 dollars. What a nightmare.

wow...... psu, mobo AND gpu are all dead..... what are the chances of that happening?

unless you did something wrong.... XD

my guess is static

had a static band and was grounded and everything. Don't c why people order from new egg. Only thing im not sending back is case, ram, and cpu

What could also have happened, was a bad psu that pop'd the other 2.

Which is a common thing, and why alot of people stress getting good branded psu's. Btw, yours wasnt a bad brand either.

Know it doesn't help, yha this is very rare for 3 to come DOA.

Sorry to hear.. Whast shop dsid you take it to?? Please dont say Geek squad.

:cry: It's sad when you hear of stuff like this. It's usually so fun and rewarding to build it yourself. You probably did something wrong. Please don't get too down about it. Have you tried watching videos on Youtube about building? That's where I got a lot of help. :thumbsup:

Watched videos, talked to my neighbor who works in the tech department at Georgia Tech, done everything I could, he said i god f'ed over. It's whatever, I'm still following threw. BTW, I already sent one psu back and the one they gave me as replacement was dead. The shop I went to is a local place, real cool guy tested all my parts in a diff PC for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom