Best internal hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Just out of curiosity, how many of you have problems with Seagate hard drives? I've bought two Seagate 1TB drives in a row and both have the deadly click sound. Then I switched over to Western Digital, flawless!!! Is it me or are the Seagate brand the worse company ever? Past experience with WD has been perfect. It's just that the Seagate drives are just so cheap. That's what I get, I guess.

Different people will have different opinions based upon past experiences. I have always had excellent luck with WD drives (knocks on wood) and not such good luck with Seagate and Samsung.

Hence I prefer WD even though they are all nice hard drives.

Hefe is right, everybody has their horror stories about how one manufacturer or another let them down with consistently bad drives. TBH though I seem to be extremely lucky with my HDDs, they only ever seem to die after many long years of service...

Seagate seems to have gone down after they bought Maxtor. WD seems to have improved of late as their Black drives have a five year warranty (Seagate dropped their five year down to three). Couple the warranty with sheer speed and the WD Black is really hard to beat. I want one very badly...

WD is definitely my preferred brand, bought many of their drives and I don't think I've ever had one fail me yet actually. I've bought one Seagate and I didn't have any problems with it either but WD has always been good to me.

It would be my recommendation to avoid Hitachi drives, seen far too many crashed after a year or so.

Who remembers these?

deathstar2_180.jpg

Ouch.

few years ago I had a WD Mybook 500gb
the 1st generation had a overheating problem
when I submitted a ticket for support
they actually had a local representative call me up to trouble shoot the problem
after we talked on the phone for about 5 minutes he told me to get a RMA going
the drive i received still works to this day

I am partial to western digital knowing that I am going to receive great customer service if anything goes wrong :)

I've used both Western Digital and Seagate Drive without any problems. Right now I have (3) Seagate 250GB Drives that run great, (2) of them are even in a Raid0 array. But I'll be slowly switching everything over to SSD's :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom