Pimpin out a Pentium 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoupGarou

Beta member
Okay, dont laugh. I just inherited a 731mhz Pentium 3 with 62.26 MB of memory. I want to use this comp, as right now, I probably could not afford anything better. I'm really interested in seeing what it can do with games such as Far Cry and in a long long long shot Half-Life 2. I have around 400 to spend.

Secondly, how do I clear the computer of all the crap its previous owner had on it?

Thanks guys, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would not be expecting to play halflife 2 or farcry on that ! Sorry but its just not going to work. To play those games you are going to need a complete PC over haul new MB, Memory, Video Card and Processor.

You may also need another HD and maybe evena new PSU to handle all that by the time you are done may as well have bought a new PC.

I say save your money till you have about $700 if you already have a monitor key board and mouse. You can build a semi Decent system for about $700 to $800.

Yeah, it's probably best to just stick it out with this PC until you have enough cash. The link is a pretty nice PC if you think you can build it, though...

I agree with above posts, theres noway ur gonna run farcry on that PC. That wont run anything newer than Jedi Knight 2:jedi outcast i reckon.

chadley said:
I agree with above posts, theres noway ur gonna run farcry on that PC. That wont run anything newer than Jedi Knight 2:jedi outcast i reckon.

You could Probalby run unreal 2k4 on it but for another $200 to $300 more you could do alot better!

Minimum RAM requirements for games today are 512...some games will say 384 but even that is stretching it. It's getting to the point where 512mb of RAM is bare minimum otherwise loading times will be horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom