Desktop Screenshot Thread

Re: Desktop Screenshot Thread (56K Warning!!)

How did you get the splitting between icons in your superbar? That's the only reason why I keep mine clean, 'cause I can't stand a garbled mess.

EDIT : What's the "Utilities Launcher" in your other SS too?

For the spaces in the superbar...
I made a shortcut to some random .exe in some random folder that I knew I'd never link to (a different .exe for each blank) and selected an icon in the properties menu from.....

%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll

There's blank icons in there that i set it to. Doesn't matter which blank you use, they could all be the same one.

And for the Stack looking thing on the Utilities icon...
I use something called Standalone Stack

Chris'n'Soft » StandaloneStack

Very simple to use, VERY, VERY useful. My "Office", "Adobe CS4", and "Utilities" icons are all stacks. You can have as many stacks as you want. What I did is I created a folder and put a lot of shortcuts in those (the ones you see in the popout) and linked that stack to that folder.

Finally got Win7 installed as a main OS. :D

screenie2.jpg

I like that first desktop pic. Do you have a link so I can steal it?

@ yzmxer608

What widget is that? the CPU monitoring one. That looks cool!

It's called Multimeter, I got it from a site called The Hobby Lounge, it's down now though. It starts out as a blank gadget and you have to place and move everything around where you want. If you go as far as making your own skins for it, you get a LOT of customization for it. I think the preset that's in the file I uploaded is what I used for my tri-core 8400, all I did to it now was add the 4th core bar and percentage. Hope you can get it working :). You will just have to go into your Appdata folder and then find the Windows Sidebar folder and then go into the Multimeter folder then add the preset into the presets folder, if you want to use the preset. If not then you can make whatever you want out of it :D.
Multimeter Gadget: Multimeter_and_preset.rar

Back
Top Bottom