E8600 CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go for it. He who waits is lost.

Besides, I figure you will get the itch within a year and go for a completely new build... long about the time the next big generation of games hit. :D

Go for it. He who waits is lost.

Besides, I figure you will get the itch within a year and go for a completely new build... long about the time the next big generation of games hit. :D

LOL...You may be right....Looks like the lack of cpus is gonna be the end of this mobo for me eventually. This would be my last cpu upgrade with it.

It has been a great board for me...even thou it was a hit or miss board....mine was one of the good ones.

I would like to use all of its features before getting rid of it....I may have to try sli with 2 GTX 260's and see if sli is all that.

I assume it 1920 x 1080 and that E8600 that SLI would be worth it to crank the settings and add AA...but I have never used SLI before...so I am not sure .

But since my board supports it...why not enjoy some HD gaming with all the goodies....lol

I went ahead and bought the E8600.

Thanks for all of you guys help and input on the matter.

It is always nice to hear other people's opinions and I very much appreciate it.

Now I just wait until it arrives.

The E8600 has arrived and I have it installed and it is running great.

I had aliitle hang up and had to put my old cpu back in once, so I had to install it twice.

The first time I would get a bluescreen when windows was booting up.....I found out it was my AI Booster software for my Asus mobo.

I put the old cpu back in so I could boot to windows and uninstall the AI Booster software.....Then put the E8600 back in and TADA....no problem.....it booted to windows fine and windows did not ask me to reactivate or anything.

All is well and I am happy....now I need to work on getting this thing to 4.0 Ghz

That is the next project.

Thanks Trotter

With just a FSB bump I am at 3.75 Ghz....all stock voltages

Gonna leave it here for awhile....and go from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom